ABS, SAN, ASA, EVA, PE, PET, PP, PS, PVC, TPE, TPU, TPR, PUR
Underwater Pelletizing Systems are capable of processing high filler content as well as low melt strength products. Our water filtration designs make changing products simple, easy and efficient.
- Underwater pelletizing of compounds produces excellent results in all standard pellet sizes and with virtually all commercial fillers.
- CaCO3, fly ash, talc, chalk, TiO2, carbon black, wollastonite, glass fibers, and other inorganic materials are used as fillers, but also pigments and other additives or stabilizers are possible.
- Suitable for products that are tacky while processing or have a high MFI.
- In micro-pelletizing, pellet sizes of 0.5 mm are currently possible. A uniform pellet distribution within narrow limits and excellent dosing properties permit superior melting behavior. Micropellets = efficient performance increase of extrusion lines.
The advantage of underwater pelletizing in this field is the rapid cooling of the pellets in the water flow. Another benefit is the round or spherical pellet shape and the resulting free-flowing properties of the product in the subsequent use. Die plates with specially designed heat conduction for an ideal heat transfer at the interface have considerably extended the window of applications.
- Low capital expenditure
- Low space requirements
- Low energy costs
- Low tooling costs
- Fully automatic design utilizing the most advanced technologies
- Low sound pressure level < 80 db(A)